East Providence Public Library
Coordinator of Learning and Discovery
Pay Grade 35 ($43,390-$51,837)
Under the direction of the Library Director, this position is primarily responsible for the planning and scheduling a variety of activities for the Anne Ide Fuller Creative Learning Center with special attention given to the recording studio and the teaching kitchen. The coordinator will also develop a technology environment to foster experimentation, invention, creation and exploration through design thinking and project based learning.
RESPONSIBILITIES are intended to be representative and not necessarily inclusive:
- Works closely and in conjunction with the East Providence Public Library Librarians to plan, coordinate, publicize and promote programs and services.
- Will provide on-site supervision of events and activities according to Library Policies and Procedures.
- Will ensure the building is open for programs and secure building after programs are completed in a timely manner.
- Will enlist volunteers as well as paid instructors to offer a variety of programs, classes and services for all age groups.
- Will develop a community needs assessment in order to create a program of service to meet the community needs.
- Maintain constant outreach to East Providence residents to develop programs that fulfill the interests, desires and needs of the community.
- Schedule programs, performers/instructors, and maintain a calendar of all events.
- Develop a budget for program related expenditures: supplies, performer/instructor payments, and additional staff requirements. Make all requests for funding in a timely manner.
- Record and maintain attendance statistics for all programs and prepare a monthly report of such for the Library Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
- Public Library work experience
DESIRABLE ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work effectively with staff.
- Strong visionary skills to seek innovative uses of a variety of technology
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Knowledge of supervisory methods including working with volunteers, scheduling, evaluating performance, and maintaining a positive environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
- Reliability and creativity
To apply, please submit promotional form, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to City of East Providence Human Resources Department, 145 Taunton Avenue, 3rd floor, East Providence, RI, 02914, no later than Wednesday, June 15, 2016, by 4:00 PM.