Fuller Creative Learning Center Assistant
Union 15509 Pay Grade 30 ($34,747-$41,222)
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Learning and Discovery, provides assistance in developing learning activities for children and adults. Substantial interaction with participants is required to build a solid program to facilitate learning and growth for people of all ages. This position includes evening and weekend hours.
The following responsibilities are intended to be representative and not necessarily inclusive:
- Assists in the Recording Studio and Teaching Kitchen with age appropriate activities.
- Clerical tasks including program statistics, monthly reports, accurate schedules of activities, photocopying and filing.
- Knowledge and ability to conduct learning activities using available technology as directed by Coordinator of Learning and Discovery.
- Ability to apply independent judgment and make decisions regarding the welfare of individuals using the Center.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public and Library staff members.
- Substitutes for Coordinator as necessary.
- Computer Literate
- Experience working with adults and children
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Public Library Experience
To apply, please submit a completed application form to the Human Resources Office, located at 145 Taunton Avenue Rm. 206, East Providence, RI 02914 no later than 4:00 p.m. September 16, 2016.The City of East Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.