East Providence Public Library
Union EPPMTEA/Pay Grade 36 ($47,413-$56,411)
Under the direction of the Library Director, plans, schedules, and presents programs primarily to teens, as well as parent and teacher groups. Provides reference coverage for adults and children.
(Intended to be representative and not necessarily inclusive)
- Develops and conducts services and programs for teens
- Responsible for collection development for middle through high school students
- Provides homework assistance
- Performs reference coverage
- Participates in professional library activities
- Performs other related duties as required
- American Library Association accredited Master’s Degree in Library and Information Services
- Knowledge of theories, principles, practices, and tools of public library information services
- Experience in a Public Library preferred.
DESIRABLE ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Enthusiastic advocate for youth with unique outreach ideas
- Ability to think creatively and be innovative
- Ability to prioritize and manage work related projects
- Highly collaborative work style
- Knowledge of emerging digital technologies
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with the public
- Ability to speak and write effectively
To apply, please submit application, resume, and cover letter to the City of East Providence Human Resources Department, 145 Taunton Avenue, East Providence, RI, 02914, or email to email@example.com no later than Monday, December 5, 2016, by 4:00 PM.